SW10/PRECOG: Powernaut 1944 (Re: LNH20: Bite-Size Tales of the LNH v20 #7: "First Republic")

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu May 3 16:31:46 PDT 2012

On 05/02/2012 06:55 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 5/2/2012 3:44 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
>
>>> Oooh. As it happens, Powernaut 1944 is coming on the scopes - and
>>> it has room for guest stars! Just one question for Doc Nostalgia
>>> 1944: How good is he at surviving a hail of bullets from the
>>> Waffen-SS?
>  >
>> Well, if he's like Golden Age Superman than he can't be penetrated by
>> anything short of a bursting shell, so.
>
> Ah, I see what the LNH Wiki says about him. But *that* leads to the
> obvious next question. How come he didn't win the war in 1943?
>
> In fairness, I can volunteer a couple of answers...
>
> 1. It usually requires control of territory to win a war. As shown in
> Powernaut 1941, it usually requires more than one man to control territory.
>
> 2. Maybe Our Hero is the reason the war didn't last until 1946.

I thought of one more.  If his power is measured in terms of speeding
bullets, locomotives, and tall buildings... those are all things the
Germans have.  So (for instance) Doc Nostalgia can probably stop a
train, as long as it's not pulled by *two* locomotives.  This could be
an important concept to remind World War 2 comic strip fans of.  8{D>