LNH20: A Drop of Blood

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 01:34:51 PDT 2012

quoth Adrian J. McClure as of Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:51:43 +0000:

> Note: I asked Lalo whether Professor Penumbra, like Weirdness Magnet
> before him, was bisexual and he said he wasn't sure. As a result, I
> wound up leaving his relationship with the guy who could very well be
> Sparkly-Disturbed-Sexy-Vampire Man ambiguous. It makes sense if
> Professor Penumbra is bisexual because part of his concept is that he's
> a liminal figure, who crosses boundaries and defies easy categorization.
> His origin mentions that he his mixed-race background and sense of not
> fitting in drew him into the geek world and BBSes, and "he was involved
> in every single one." He's both scientist and mage. It's also expressed
> in his name. But by the same token it makes sense that he'd sometimes
> wind up in relationships that are confusing and hard to categorize, so I
> think this works.

Very much so. It's funny, that's almost exactly what I thought/felt as I
read the scene; I don't think Adam is in a hurry to label events,
relationships, and things in his life, and much less so to label himself.

"Labels have power", he'd say.

-- Lalo “let's-see-what-happens-sexual” Martins