SW10: Powernaut Friday #2: Invention Contest!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Feb 2 19:02:04 PST 2012

Hello, my Power Patrol!  It's Powernaut Friday again!  This week's contest:

What invention do you most hope people will invent by the far-off year
of 2012?

This week, I'm taking the contest too.  I'm hoping for the Restaurant
Conveyor Belt!  In 2012 I'll be sitting by my television, get the urge
for a meal from my favorite restaurant, just pick up the phone, dial my
favorite restaurant, and they'll send me a fresh hot meal - along a
conveyor belt that opens right by my easy chair!  I won't even have to
answer the door!  The cities of tomorrow will be built around the
conveyors, with restaurant districts in the middle of each belt.  Mm
mmm, I'm already hungry!

The winning answer (other than mine) gets original paper artwork for a
full-sized panel of the Powernaut web comic. (http://www.eilertech.com/​
stories/powernaut/1954.htm) There's also a second prize: original
artwork for a "talking head" panel!

Fight on!

--
(signed) The Powernaut :-D ---- http://www.eilertech.com/powernaut/ ----

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.