LNH: Parsnip the Christmas Miracle Maggot #2 out of 4: The Wonders of Parsnip!

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 9 11:05:12 PST 2012

This Holiday Special is brought to you by:

The Santa Domination Kit:  Tired of getting lame gifts from Santa?  It's
time to take matters into your own hands!  With our special kit -- Santa
will have no choice, but to give you the right kinds of gifts!  Each kit
comes with special Chocolate Chip cookies laced with special Chocolate
Chips -- Chocolate Freedom Chips (from our friends at HexCorp)!  Just
leave a plate of these special cookies for Santa and watch them go to
work!  And once Santa has eaten them, he will do what ever you want!
What ever you want!  You will have total power over him!!  Total
Power!!!  Warning: The 'Santa Domination Kit' may be illegal in some
States and Countries!

And now...

                      The JONG Company proudly
          (well, okay proudly might be too strong of a word)
                               presents:

                  PARSNIP THE CHRISTMAS MIRACLE MAGGOT

                              #2 (out of 4)

                        The Wonders of Parsnip!

The Net.Mexico Institute for the Criminally Inane *sic* --

The Miracle Pet Catcher looked at the chunk of Fruitcake in his spoon
from his bowl of Cream of Fruitcake soup and just stared at it.  And
stared at it.  And then he dumped the spoon back into his bowl without
ever tasting it.  He just wasn't that hungry.  He looked at his fellow
inmates sitting in the cafeteria.  Some were slurping their Cream of
Fruitcake soup and some weren't.  He looked up toward one of the corners
that had a TV attached to it.  There was a news story on.  Something
involving maggots?  No, a maggot!  A maggot wearing a Santa Claus hat!
It was a new Holiday Miracle Pet!  And apparently the new replacement
for Cauliflower!

Cauliflower.  That's why he was here -- forced to eat this Cream of
Fruitcake slop!  And those cravings for Eggnog.  He hated Eggnog, but he
had these cravings that that damn mutt had put in his head.  And the
cravings were especially bad this time of year.

Cauliflower died before he could get revenge.  But now there was a new
Christmas Miracle Pet in town.

And then one of the supervillains sitting next to him started to bang
his spoon against his bowl and began to speak.

"Hey!  Folks!" said a man in a prison outfit that had 'Fs' scribbled all
over it using a magic marker as well as various 'F' tattoos on his skin.
  A supervillain known to the outside world as Dr. F!  "I've got this
Fantastic Fleeing Formation to Free us From this Fortress of unFreedom!!
  And once we are Free we can Finally Finish the Fiend that Forced us in
here -- Dr. Stomper!!  And then maybe we can Form a Fabulous Force --
Perhaps the Dr. F Friends??  What do you Feel, my Fab Friends?"

A man in a bear costume -- the villain known as Thread Bear, shrugged
his shoulders, "I guess."

A man in a gorilla suit and diving helmet said -- the villain known as
-- umm -- oh yeah, Ro-Man said, "Whatever."

"And how about you Friend," said Dr. F gazing straight into the Miracle
Pet Catcher's eyes.  "What are your Feelings?"

The Miracle Pet Catcher paused for a bit.  And the he shook his head.
"No.  Not now.  Not the right time."

No, he wouldn't escape today.  But someday he would.  Maybe when one of
the cooler Miracle Pets got their own miniseries.  But not today.

But someday he would.  And when he did the all those Holiday Miracle
Pets better just watch out.  Yeah.  They better watch out.

And the chunks of Fruitcake continued to get soggier and soggier.

     |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |
   --*--   --*--   --*--   --*--   --*--   --*--   --*--   --*--   --*--
  --***-- --***-- --***-- --***-- --***-- --***-- --***-- --***-- --***--

The Echo Lad Memorial Memorial Children's Children's Hospital Hospital -

The nurse who was manning the front desk looked straight at the piece of
floating rotting meat in front of her.  And at the tiny maggot with the
Santa hat that was riding it.  It was Parsnip's floating Rotting
Meat.Thingee that acted as both a headquarters as well as transportation
device.

"I'm sorry," said the nurse, "But we don't have -- umm -- any sick kids
today.  Yes, no sick kids."

" ''''' '''''' '''''?" said Parsnip looking at some kids being rolled
around in wheelchairs.

"Oh, those?  Umm -- those are -- um -- actors -- yeah, actors!!  Child
actors pretending to be sick children!  Yeah, just a bunch of child
actors here -- but no sick kids!  Not a single one!  Maybe you should
try some other children's hospital?  Anyways, I want to thank you for
stopping by -- the exits are over there.  Right over there.  Goodbye.
Bye.  Don't make me have to call security.  Bye!"

Parsnip with a hurt expression on his face drove his flying Rotting
Meat.Thingee towards the sliding glass doors exit.

NEXT WEEK:  Will Parsnip actually do something (well at least something
more than riding around in a Rotting Meat.Thingee)?

Credits:

Thread Bear -- Timothy Toner
Ro-Man -- Matt "Badger" Rossi
Parsnip, Dr. F, and the Miracle Pet Catcher -- Arthur Spitzer

Arthur "This keeps getting worse and worse..." Spitzer