META: Name Checks

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 17 20:09:53 PDT 2012

On 4/8/12 7:11 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
> Searching for "Ultimate Mercenary," with or without quotes, there are
> two of my UM issues on the first page. For "LNH," the Lige Nationale
> de Hockey is of course the first hit, but the old eyrie.org lnh page
> is on the first page. (lnhq.info should really be higher, but I have
> no idea how to manage that.) For LNH20, the top hits are "LNH laser
> jammer stealth kits" (I have no idea what that is, but it sounds
> pretty awesome) and someone's twitter account, but the rest of the
> page is RACC-related.
>
> If we're searching while logged in, of course, Google is probably
> filtering our searches for LNH-related stuff.
>
> AJM (speaking of which, Wil, is there any way for you to upload the
> issues that were posted during wilalambre.ca's outage?)

Let's see...

"Ripping Dancer" (with quotes) goes to the old LNH wiki site for the
first one spot...

Slobbering Grue (without quotes) gets the first spot too (LNHCP #43)..
out of 147,000 choices...

And Beige Midnight (without quotes) gets the first spot (new LNH wiki)
out of 12,600,000 choices...

Arthur "Check please.." Spitzer