META: RACCcon 1012: On the naming of beds...

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 18:42:13 PDT 2012

Right then.

I'm feeling a bit tired because of the preparations for the UTS
Library's Edible Book Festival event.  (I think that my electric
sheep shaped cake was passible.)  Now that that's out of the way,
let's get down to business with the RACCcon.

I went to the travel agent and made bookings and payments yesterday,
and should be getting the paperwork for tickets and insurance next
week.  I'll email Rob the exact details when those arrive in my hot
little hands.

However, in the meantime I want to make an announcement for room
availability.  Inspired by Scott's generous offer to help fund
any travellers-on-a-budget, I decided to book a room with two beds
rather than a single.  This was not a big deal; it's actually
slightly cheaper by a few tens of dollars to get the double room
with two queen beds rather than the single with one king.

Anyway, I throw this open to any RACCcon possible participants
who may be wavering on issues of cost:  I have a double bed room
booked at the Best Western Heriatge Inn in Benicia for Thurs 28 June
2012 to Sat 7 July 2012.  I am willing to share this with any regular
rec.arts.comics.creative participant for between no cost to token
cost  (in the unlikely event of multiple 'starving writers in a
garrett' putting in for this, priority should probably go to the
most cash-starved RACC.con.teer).  Same limitations as for Scott's
offer: person must have posted a story to RACC in the last year.

---
Saxon Brenton
Reading: Just finished 'I Sould My Soul On eBay: Viewing Faith
Through An Atheist's Eyes' by Hemant Mehta