StarFall/Meta: (Re)Naming a Character

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 18:13:56 PST 2011

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 01:04:41 +0000 (UTC), Phantasm wrote:

> I need some help, and I'm not sure where else to ask this.
>
> Basically, I want to rename "Big G" - my one LA gang member with the
> Giant-Man power-set - to something more "supervillainous". Currently,
> "Big G" is his street tag; I'm looking for something a bit more like
> something you'd find in the comics.

How about Liongo, a mythical hero of the Swahili and Pokomo peoples of
eastern Kenya.  "He was exceptionally strong and as tall as a giant. He
could not be wounded by any weapon, but when a needle was thrust into his
navel, he would die." Also, he was famously chained up and jailed in one
story, and escaped by singing loud enough to drown out the sound of him
filing his chains away.  There's a whole poetic saga about him.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, research yay!