GODLING # 20: Destiny!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Jan 27 18:22:14 PST 2011

Andrew Perron wrote:
> A good keeping-the-plot-moving inbetween chapter.  I do like the fact
> that, despite Master Destiny spending so long learning the powers of
> the Spear, he has very little imagination as to what to *do* with it.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, kersplode!

I liked the phrase "omnipotent enough".  From the mouth of this villain,
it made sense.

I wonder if someone can find a fabled mystic weapon someday that Hitler
*didn't* try to use.  If I think of one, I'll probably keep it secret
until I can write my own story about it.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.