BP: The Insidious Doctor Peru

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 18:50:59 PDT 2010

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:24:53 +0000 (UTC), Tim Munn wrote:

Woo! Tim Munn and Boring Productions hath returned!

> written 10.19.2007 by Tim Munn

> written by and copyright Tim Munn 8.21.2010 1:00 p.m.

This is, I'm assuming, something I'm very familiar with - getting stuck on
a story, losing interest, and drifting away for years at a time, only for
some impetus to bring back inspiration one day.  It's fairly common among
amateur writers.

(Since my return to RACC, I've been getting around it in several ways. The
most important is probably variation in my writing environment, doing it on
the bus, at work (when possible), etc., but the second-most, and certainly
the easiest, is keeping a lot of irons in the fire - having a bunch of
stories going that don't depend on one another, so that when I slow down on
one I have others that I can work on.  The disadvantage is there's no
guarantee when one in specific will be done, as certain people who run
certain imprints know...)

Anyway!  The actual story.  It's... interesting.  And confusing.  Because
of the odd phrasing and occasional non-sequitur lines, I'm assuming it's
some form of constrained writing. (Tom Russel's famed Vocabulary
Challenge?)  Nevertheless, it's funny, with some great bait-and-switch
points; notably, the "quick draw" and the identity of Doctor Pillbox.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, whee~