HCC: HCC #16

Phantasm phantom_belcher at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 12:25:01 PST 2010

I've been reading a lot of the classics lately, especially during this
past week when I didn't have much Internet access; Homer's Illiad and
Odyssey, Sophocles' Oedipus Rex, Virgil's Aeneid, Dante's Divine
Comedy, the Poetic and Prose Edda, and many of Shakespeare's plays,
primarily his tragedies such as MacBeth and Hamlet, among others.

One thing about all these stood out.  The majority of the classics
I've read recently are written in verse, including the plays.

So, with all this in mind, this month's challenge is The Epic Poem.
It doesn't have to be "epic" by any real definition, but it *has* to
be written in verse.  This could be Shakespeare's iambic pentameter,
rhyming couplets, song verse, opera, Japanese haiku, or even dirty
Irish limericks.

Deadline... let's call it January 16th?