CONTEST: High Concept # 12, Under the Weather

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 08:14:47 PDT 2010

On Aug 4, 9:45 am, Saxon Brenton <saxonbren... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> What? You were going through all that and then let me crap on about
> my regularly scheduled once-every-half-DECADE bout of the flu? Well
> fsck Tom, you're supposed to give people a wap-upside-the-head in
> situations like that.

Don't worry, there was nothing even remotely head-wappable about the
situation.

> Saxon Brenton

I should note that I'm getting that same tooth removed this Friday,
which apparently entails me being sedated via an IV drip (actually,
I'm getting both bottom wisdom teeth out, wisdom teeth are difficult
to remove in and of themselves, and the ones situated on the lower jaw
being right next to the nerves are thus extra-difficult), being in a
recovery ward for at least most of Friday, and then spending at least
the weekend if not a few days of the next week being grumpy and
howling with pain and trying to avoid the development of a dry socket
and such.

This being the case, I will likely be incommunicado for at least this
weekend if not longer.  Not that I think there's any pressing reason
why anyone in these parts would need to absolutely get ahold of me
this weekend, but as I generally return e-mails the day that I recieve
them, I wouldn't want anything thinking I was snubbing them, so, heads
up.

==Tom