REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #64 - April 2009 [spoilers]

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri May 15 11:56:13 PDT 2009

On Fri, 8 May 2009 08:20:58 +0000 (UTC), Saxon Brenton wrote:

>      Well, that was suh-weet.  Cannon Fodder had finally made his way
> to the dead universe that the Xinerama are using as their base of
> operations, and although surrounded by the Xinerama - each one of whom
> is powerful enough to fight off a full attack squad of net.heroes - he
> has them exactly where he wants them.  Basically he uses the Ultimate
> Gnab (originally created by the Evilverse's version of Doctor Stomper)
> and collapses the universe on top of them.  And when that proves
> insufficient to stop them, he uses the Secretary Box to open a bang
> path to the Evilverse and collapse that on top of them as well.

Which was, in fact, deeply awesome. (Almost Morrison-esque.) And I see this
is why he specified their world as unredeemable back when they first showed
up.

Which universe would he have gnabbed next? @-@

> Or... ooh!  ooh!  The appearance or the Rung of Revamp could also be an
> instance of Chekhov's Gun:  destroying two universe really might have
> driven him Evil, and the other LNHers have to trick him into using the
> Rung to return his powers and state of mind to normal.

The Rung has been used in odd ways lately.  By the original concept,
wouldn't he gain a new identity and set of powers?

> Just Imagine Saxon Brenton vs. Andrew Perron in the Return of the RACCies! #1-2
> A Legion of Net.Heroes [LNH] chaotic add-on cascade
> by Andrew Perron
>
>      Yes, the name, heck, the entire series *and* it's predecessors,
> is a running joke.  No, I didn't have anything to do with it.  Didn't
> suggest it, certainly didn't bribe people to keep it going.

Of course you didn't!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go supervise the
installation of my solid-gold high-definition manga shelf.

> Frankly
> I'm beginning to wonder if it's to harass me into writing more _Limp-
> Asparagus Lad_.  Certainly the revelation by Pointless Award's Man IV
> in issue 1 that RACCies cascades in-and-of-themselves are no longer
> sufficient to hold off the Hungry Past because I am no longer organising
> the RACCies and hence the Limp-Asparagus Force is no longer suffusing
> the RACCies based cascade reads like it.

Nah, that's just the closest I could come to an explanation that made
sense, even LNH nonsense sense.

(However, now that you mention it...)

> But I'm probably just being
> paranoid.  Or more likely I'm blathering since I'm feeling tired because
> this is the last review being typed and in any case it's a *cascade*
> and they tend to more about fun that literary merit.

Although, if I post one more issue it's probably going to stop being a
cascade. x-x;

> Then the Interim Iconoclasts show up, demanding to know
> whether plot threads from issues of LNH series that were skipped over
> have been resolved.

No, no.  They've been hiding inside issues of LNH series that were skipped
over.  When the Legacy Beam zapped the crystal containing Just Imagine
Saxon Brenton's RACCies... Again! #6, they came out of said issue fighting
mad.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, seriously, doesn't anyone want to
contribute?