LNH: 58.5 #47: Iz In Ur Sequelz Swechin Ur Baytz

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 21:26:38 PDT 2009

quoth Andrew Perron as of Wed, 11 Mar 2009 23:35:10 +0000:
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 21:13:57 +0000 (UTC), Lalo Martins
> <lalo.martins at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>These two issues were a lot of fun, it's with some sadness that I leave
>>Earth 308 behind.  The great thing about writing this is that it's a
>>brand new world where, at the same time, most of my intended audience
>>already more or less know the background.  I can describe the death of
>>Witch Princess and why Godly Guy is off the planet in wide strokes, and
>>many of you will know what I mean almost as well as if you read the
>>stories.  It was... fun to play with.
>
> Except, um, I haven't been reading comics lately (for the past six
> months, pretty much) and I'm deeply confused.  I understood the original
> Earth-308 trip (nice, subtle reference in the name, BTW), but this one's
> filled with references to Final Crisis and Secret Invasion and other
> kinds of stuff that I don't get.  I think it might've been a bit too
> much even for an audience that's familiar with the Marvel and DC
> Universes in general.

Ooh, I apologise for that then.

(There was very little Final Crisis / Secret Invasion, in fact only one
paragraph of exposition; but there *was* a lot of Dark Reign and DC's
similarly-themed-yet-unnamed-event.)

Although it does give me an opportunity to ask: was the story still
enjoyable?  I *tried* to give those elements (the ones based on recent
comics, as opposed to things like old Titans stories and the original
Runaways run) enough explanation that you could more or less follow, and
to make the story work even if you didn't get those.  Did I fail?

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
                  http://lalomartins.info/