META: The Age of RACC Posters and Readers...

Tarq mitchell_crouch at caladrius.com.au
Tue Oct 2 18:02:18 PDT 2007

On Oct 2, 11:42 am, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Back in 2004, I did a survey for the age of RACC readers...
>
> Nine people answered it... (well 10 if you count Brian Perler's too old)

Nine people have answered again now as well.

> The average age back then was 28.33...

The average now is 30.777...

> the youngest person was 19... the oldest was 37...

The youngest is 16, the oldest 40, making for a range of 24.
Interesting that both have changed by three.

> But I suppose RACC could have a bunch of young people now that
> would bring the average down....
>
> So I ask again just to see if the average is going to keep going up...

And it would appear that it is!

> I'm 31 at the moment... (in a few more days I'll be 32)

The above figures come from calling you 32. Happy birthday, for
whenever it is!
Assuming that Arthur is 32, the mode and median are both also 32.

> Arthur "Scientifically inaccurate" Spitzer

Technically, my age is far enough removed from the mode that I
shouldn't be counted in the average -- I'm an 'outlier'. Damn it,
science. This is why we can't have nice things.

~Mitchell.