LNH: LNH Comics Presents #500: INFINITE LEADERSHIP CRY.SIG Episode 465 -- Part II

Tarq mitchell_crouch at caladrius.com.au
Thu May 3 01:08:47 PDT 2007

On May 2, 10:17 pm, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Nice story.  Nice story indeed.
I agree 100% up to this point.

> BUT...
101%

> The ending was a BIT anticlimactic.
Anticlimactic wouldn't quite be the word I'd use. It's accurate, in a
sense, but I think that it seems sort of abrupt to have all this
hysterically funny build-up to one really sort of serious... warning.
That's how I would describe it. The crossover itself wasn't so much a
big thing in itself as hype for the next crossover. Which -- and don't
get me wrong here, I had a bunch of great fun writing the whole two
issues that I did -- makes that writing and getting-it-in-on-time seem
sort of... futile. Again, don't get me wrong, it was really great, and
I immensely enjoyed every single issue, reading, writing, from March
31st right through to this one. Maybe I'm still a little shocked about
this being the conclusion. I _was_ expecting something a little less
(and now that horrible word comes back) anticlimactic. I think I felt
I just had to expand on that, because 'anticlimactic' on its own
carries the conotation that the ending was a letdown. Which it wasn't.
It was just remarkably different to even the most far-out ideas I'd
had. Which is a good thing.

> Imagine if this were done by an actual comics company.  It was hyped.
> It was late.  And then just when you were expecting a big
> conclusion... CAPTAIN AMERICA SURRENDERS!  WTF??!!
I must admit to my lolling at that.

> And now the Legion is just going to wait until next April when Dekay
> and DisKolor return?
I can see "Road to Beige Midnight" hitting shelves. Or "Countdown to
Midnight". Something like that; the LNH preparing themselves for the
big battle, rebuilding the LNH HQ, trying to contain as many villains
as possible so that they don't have to worry about them next year.
That would effectively link Infinite Leadership Cry.sig with Beige
Midnight, making it a year-and-one-month crossover. Except it wouldn't
have to be written daily, of course. Maybe even just one issue a month
or something. I don't know, I'm sort of typing just whatever's popping
into my brain right now.

> Oh and is Ultimate Ninja going to be pissed about LNH HQ being
> destroyed and all the villains being released or what?  Technically it
> was actually all Doctor Stompers fault.
In all my continuity glory ("A few months after a few years before the
events in Alt.stralian Yarns #1...") I think that there definately has
to be some sort of response to this. UN is going to be pissed, Cannon
Fodder is going to be heaps stressed out (and possibly worried about
his own mortality, now that Dekay and Diskolor have told him they find
a way to actually kill him), and the LNH HQ... damn. Any plot devices
out there?

I've probably overlooked heaps of stuff, and, like I said, I'm just
been typing the first things that came into my head. Excuse any
ignorance on my part.

> Martin
~Mitchell (who now sees a deeper meaning in Cannon Fodder surviving
the attack of the Turtles of Apocalyptic Proportions in ILC #11) (and
who also loved the "complete rip-off" of the PM:Relinquished #2 fight
beyond all words and human understanding)