LNH: LNH Comics Presents #57: Infinite Leadership Cry.sig Ep.22

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 07:26:50 PDT 2007

On 4月24日, 下午3時34分, Jamas Enright <t... at eyrie.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, EDMLite wrote:
> > Leave it to Jamas not only to write a thoughtful, moving response
> > to these events, but to come up with a way to address them,
> > in-story, in a way that made sense.
>
> Thanks for that, Rob. I wasn't sure how well this would play, given the
> nature of the events, and because, as you say, it is inbetween comedic
> moments.
>
> Although I am surprised you didn't have SBB say anything when he appeared
> in your issues.
>
> As for the type of people I was pissed off enough over to write this,
> check out PZ Myers blog at:http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/
> and search for 'ghouls'

Are you upset at PZ Myers or at the people whom he was refering to as
ghouls?

Following the link he provided I found this:

"Why did this happen, you ask? It's simple. Your military chose to
shoot at the servants of God today, and all they got for their effort
was terror. Then, the LORD your God sent a crazed madman to shoot at
your children. Was God asleep while this took place? Was He on
vacation? Of course not. He willed this to happen to punish you for
assailing His servants."

It is comtempable when people use tragedies to make political
statements.  It is comparable to the way Bush manioulated people after
9/11 to get them to go along with his war in Iraq in the first place.

> And to see what the press was like, check out this entry by someone who
> goes to VT:http://gnosos.blogspot.com/2007/04/reflections-on-mourning-for-virgin...

The irony is that nobody wants to see people crying like that anyway.
Newscasters think that showing people crying makes it more real and
yet for all we'd know we could be looking at stock footage from the
last time a major tradegy happened.

Martin... couldn't access google.com just now so he used google.com.tw