[RACCies] Nomination ballot for stories of 2006

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 13:23:37 PST 2006

Y'know, something's been bugging me for about ten years now.

> [RACCies] Nomination ballot for stories of 2006

<snip!>

>    THE RABBIT-BREEDERS CUP -- Awarded to the most prolific writer in this
>               or _any_ fanfic forum.  We're measuring volume, folks.

Has anyone outside of RACC _ever_ won the Rabbit-Breeder's Cup?  Has
anyone outside of RACC ever been _nominated_ for the Rabbit-Breeder's
Cup?

What's the point, then, of having it open to "any fanfic forum"?

And, quite frankly, I'm not too thrilled about RACC being lumped in
with fanfiction.

I think it's time that we change it to "any amateur fiction forum"--
amateur doesn't quite have the same sting as "fanfic"-- or that we
narrow its focus to just RACC anyway.

Otherwise, I'm going to nominate my friend, fanfiction author Alan
Kistler, as a sort of protest-vote. :-)

I dunno-- what does everybody else think?

==Tom