End of Month Reviews #20 - August 2005 [spoilers]

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 11:23:36 PDT 2005

Saxon Brenton wrote:

> Eventually a peripheral element of superpowers reared its head when, in
> issue 2, it was revealed that the narrator had wished his deceased father
> back to life.  But that came out of nowhere, and wasn't touched upon

Actually, he was brought back at the end of # 1.  But it wasn't clear
enough, and what I really should have done was pick up with that right
away at the beginning of # 2, to reiterate the idea.  # 1 I'm happy
with; # 2 I'm not so happy with.  # 3 is shaping up nicely, though;
it's really what I should have done, more or less, with # 2, gets the
story moving.  :-)

> Depending on how you view these things they may come across as either
> hilarious or shocking, but to me they seemed strangely out of place coming
> from someone as apparently repressed as the narrator.

Hmm.  That's something for me to work on.

>  Nevertheless, lines like, "In the same e-mail,
> three paragraphs removed, he said that he wishes he had screwed a lot more
> girls bareback before he got married. So there you go." were vastly amusing.

Thank you. :)

--Tom