[RACCies/LNH] Just Imagine... Saxon Brenton's RACCies #22

Saxon Brenton saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
Sat Mar 5 16:09:06 PST 2005

Just Imagine... Saxon Brenton's RACCies #22

Interlude

[Note: Even more outside of continuity than normal. No following up
with any of these characters or events unless they're already part of
the plot.]

     "AAAaaa!!!" a very large number of people preparing for the
RACCie Awards ceremony cried.
     "Where's my lip gloss!?"
     "Look! My dress costume hasn't been properly fry cleaned!"
     "Woof!!!"
     "What are you complaining about, Cauliflower? You don't wear a
tuxedo. You're a dog!"
      "Woof!" came the retort.
     "It's no good!" they heard Dismal-Hope Kid wail as he passed by
in the corridor outside. "We'll never be ready in time!"
     "AAAaaa!!!" panicked the LNHers, goaded to greater heights of
hysteria by his comments.
     The door to the LNH imprint dressing rooms opens, and a frazzled
looking Myrmidon sticks his head in. "Is this the Crucible City
dressing rooms?"
     "No. This is the LNH. Crucible City is down the hall that way."
     "Right. Thanks." Myrmidon leaves.
     "Is there an upper limit to how many people can be at your
table if they're all Evil Twins of you?"
     Should I sit at the same table as my arch-nemesis so that I can
keep an eye on him, or is that likely to provoke a fight scene?
     "Argh! Look at this!" demanded the Chuggernaut. "This thing
still has ash on it from when I trashed the RACCCafe!"
     "NO CONTINUITY!!!" everybody else screamed at him.
     "Oh. Right. Sorry."
     The door opens, and a frazzled looking Shadestalker sticks his
head in. "Is this the Artifice Comics dressing room?"
     "No. This is the LNH. Artifice Comics is up the hall that way."
     "Right. Thanks." Shadestalker leaves.
     "What do you mean 'There haven't been any journalists in the
stories this year'?" demands Pointless Awards Man II, who at this
point in preparations is taking advantage of the opportunity to get
out of that damn too-small-for-him tuxedo to wear a well-worn pair of
blue jeans and an AC/DC t-shirt. "There were several journalists!
There was that Adam Spencer from Transit City, and Ian Thorpe from The
Spyder... 'They're all print journalists?' Crud. Okay, uh, look, how
about the EuroNewsNet anchorwoman from ASH? Karol, right, try and line
her up, or I'll have to sing again. No, I *don't* know where Pointless
Awards Man I is; the lazy Writers haven't gotten around to resolving
that plot point yet."
     The door opens and a frazzled looking Skysabre sticks his head
in. "Is this the Superguy dressing rooms?"
     "No, this is the LNH."
     Skyabre gives this a second's thought, then says, "Close
enough," comes in and starts ironing some clothes.

End Interlude

---
Saxon Brenton     Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au