[RACCies] 2004 Official RACCies ballot

Saxon Brenton Saxon.Brenton at uts.edu.au
Fri Feb 4 16:40:13 PST 2005

Arspitzer wrote:

> From: saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au  (Saxon Brenton)
>>LNH2.  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES:
>>  Teen Fascists
>>  Vel
>
>> LNH3.  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:
>>  Teen Fascists
>>  Vel #-5 to 0
>
> So which are they?  Ongoing or Miniseries?  They can't be both.  I'd
go
> with Ongoing for them myself.  Although I guess it's up to Jesse and
> Martin to decide.

The series was originally billed as a mini, and then got extended (it's
sort of the reverse of Marvel's policy these days of launching a series,

and then if the sales figures tank retroactively announcing it to be a
miniseries). And it's not as though I didn't do exactly the same thing
when I decided to extend the original Limp-Asparagus Lad miniseries and
continue numbering at #7 rather than restarting with a second #1.

In any case, I'm assuming that the entry for RACC2 and LNH2 (fave
ongoing)
covers Vel #1 onwards, and hoping that people can keep track of exactly
what they're voting for in what category. (In that regard it's rather
like what Jamie felt compelled to do: reminding people who'd nominated
him not to mix up all the stuff he'd posted this year with the tiny
amount from last year that was actually eligible).

>> LNH10.  FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON A.C.LNH: (does anybody?)
>
> Wow!  Not one single person nominated the Looniversal Answering
Machine?
> Damn.  I guess my smear campaign worked!  That being said, I kind of
> feel sorry for it now.  I mean it might have been the next Hitler, but

> still... Having a FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON A.C.LNH award
without
> the Looniversal Answering Machine is kind of like having a boxing
match
> without Mike Tyson.  So is it too late for me to give it a sympathy
> nomination?

Nope. No use being sorry after the fact. Be aware of the consequences
of your actions.

> I was going to write a story that revealed that the Looniversal
> Answering Machine was behind the RACCie virus, but I guess there's
> no point in that now.  I just hope the Looniversal Answering Machine
> doesn't do an Archer Sloane now.

Oh, pfft. I've had Pointless Awards Man 2 come after me and then just
turn all plain bitter and twisted, and you think you're safe from the
Looniversal Answering Machine coming in to try and kick your hash?

Oh. Oh dear. Horrible twisted idea hits me literally as I type my reply.

For a few years I've had a Secret Origin for a Computo/Ultron/Mechanon
killer robot style villain - an experimental AI telephone answering
machine at one of the universities (Netropolis U, Dave Thomas Deluxe,
Calisota State, it doesn't matter which...) gets pissed off at those
horrible meat sack humans never leaving messages and goes completely
bugf*ck insane... And now with only a little bit of modification I've
got a lead in.

[typing fingers begin to twitch as the symptoms of Saxon Brenton Disease

begin to show...]

Do I have the willpower to resist?

---
Saxon Brenton    Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If