[Admin/RACCies] RACCies announcement/discussion prompt

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at haven.eyrie.org
Mon Nov 8 05:32:27 PST 2004

In article <15f3bff1.0411080214.51f6afe4 at posting.google.com>,
Saxon Brenton <saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au> wrote:
>   I'd guess the former, myself. (That said, I am wondering what naked
>singularity people like Dvandom or Eagle have fallen into that they
>haven't replied on a topic like this.)

     Nothing to add, really.  And it's not so much that voting is declining,
as it is that it's NEVER been large.  AFAIK, the RACCies have never gotten
more than 20 participants, and have usually been counted lucky to hit double
digits.  The Grunions may have done better in their heyday, but I don't have
those numbers.

     Dave Van Domelen, does think that things like "no self-nomination" are a
bad idea for such a small pool of participants, though.