[META] Various Apologies

Rob Rogers dreadpirate72 at netzero.com
Tue Jun 22 16:46:46 PDT 2004

phippsmartin at hotmail.com (Martin Phipps) wrote in message
news:<df8f4cb4.0406192028.e8f9776 at posting.google.com>...
> Anyway, I was wondering if anyone might be a bit offended by the
> notion that most of the LNHers from the nineties will have been
> retired by the year 2019.  A lot of characters seem to have retired
> already, either because they were listed as "reserved" on the roster
> so nobody uses them or because they never appeared outside of their
> own series.  I was surprised, for example, to go to the archive today
> and find 36 issues of Brain Boy!

My understanding of all "future LNH" stories is that they represent
things
that *might* happen; they aren't necessarily canon.  I'd like to think
that I'll be retired by 2019, but I'll probably be working to repay
college loans until I'm dead and in the grave.  However, any future
that doesn't have me reincarnated as a cockroach scurrying across a
radioactive wasteland sounds OK by me.

That "Brain Boy" is good reading, by the way...

--Easily-Discovered Man Lite