[NNTP] Additions to LIST commands

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Nov 17 11:12:27 PST 2009

Hi,

I have just posted the following proposal for:

    * LIST DISTRIBUTIONS
    * LIST MODERATORS
    * LIST MOTD
    * LIST SUBSCRIPTIONS
    * new status for newsgroups returned by LIST ACTIVE

Comments are welcome!

Especially on:

    * how to advertise the meaning of new status;
    * how to write an extension of RFC 3977 without defining
      a new capability;
    * how to deal with the fact that RFC 3696 limits the local part
      of an e-mail address to 64 characters whereas USEAGE mentions
      that a newsgroup name is limited to 66 characters (therefore,
      what for the submission address of a moderated newsgroup whose
      length is 66 characters?).

Follow up on either the NNTP mailing-list or the USEFOR mailing-list,
depending on the subject you want to tackle.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Un seul être vous manque et tout est dépeuplé. » (Alphonse de Lamartine)