[NNTP] NNTP URI draft

Charles Lindsey chl at clerew.man.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 02:56:09 PST 2005

In <87mztc1w0j.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu> Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> writes:

>I'm fine with that.

>This looks great to me.

>Sure, sounds good.

>Sounds good here as well.

>> But does lynx also support <news:*.test>?

>Yup.

>> And do other systems support similar stuff?

>I don't know, I don't have any other software installed right now that
>supports URL syntax and supports Usenet.

OK, on that basis it seems like we go ahread with the wildmats. That will
involve a fair rewrite, which may take a while. In the meantime, I shall
report progress to the uri at w3.org list (there is nobody there except Frank
Ellerman and occasionally Al Gilman who is taking much interest in this,
so the discussions here have been useful).

>That sounds great!  Thank you.

That all sounds like a consensus :-) .

Email: chl at clerew.man.ac.uk      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.