[NNTP] Article number wording

Steve Walker nntp at nntpserver.com
Thu Jul 28 10:49:50 PDT 2005

Russ Allbery wrote:

>No matter what we say or don't say in this draft, you're still going to
>have serious problems in two years with regular news reader clients.

I think that the clients that currently don't support 64 bit numbers
will be fixed soon since it's a very easy process.  That is, if the RFC
doesn't expressly forbid 64 bit numbers.  If the new RFC forbids 64 bit
numbers then the client developers will have to choose between being
non-compliant and actually working on all servers.  This is a potential
mess.

Steve.