[NNTP] draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-02.txt

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Mon Oct 4 02:42:51 PDT 2004

Proposed change:

    If the server has to terminate the connection for some reason, it
    MUST give a 400 response code to the next command and then immediately
+   close the TCP connection.  Following a 400 response, clients SHOULD
+   NOT simply reconnect immediately and retry the same actions.  Rather,
+   a client SHOULD either use an exponentially increasing delay between
+   retries (e.g. double the waiting time after each 400 response) or
+   present any associated text to the user for them to decide whether and
+   when to retry.