ietf-nntp Fwd: Pipelining...

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 10 10:54:55 PST 2003

Someone mentioned on news.software.nntp that our current draft uses the
term "streaming" for sending multiple commands without waiting for a
response, and that's confusing given that streaming is also used for the
MODE STREAM extension.  It looks like RFC 2920, which defines the same
thing for SMTP, calls it pipelining.  I think we should call it the same
to avoid any confusion.