ietf-nntp NNTP and 16-bit charsets

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Wed May 2 22:18:29 PDT 2001

In article <yloftb31ri.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu>,
	Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote;

} > Fairy Nuff! But it would be of interest to hear which ones, and what the
} > problem is.
}
} INN, for one.  And the problem is the obvious one; INN is written in C and
} unfortunately treats the body like a NUL-terminated string in a few
} places.  It's a bug that should be fixed, but it will require some tricky
} surgery (although Katsuhiro may have made forward progress on it with the
} data handling rewrite in CURRENT).

CURRENT treats NUL as an illegal, if it's in header.  Fixing
it would be trivial.  I'll watch where we go.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou