Clive D.W. Feather
clive at demon.net
Tue Mar 6 08:25:19 PST 2001
Nothing fatal, but I have some minor points with the HDR command.
* Do we really want the label extension to be PAT ?
* Is it supposed to have one argument or two ? The syntax says one, the
text implies two.
* The text "See RFC-1036 for a list of valid header lines" remains
confusing. Are we saying:
- the header must be one listed explicitly in RFC 1036, or
- 1036 gives examples of headers you might want to use
* Must the command work for any header, or can the server reject some
headers on the grounds that it doesn't store them in its internal database ?
If the latter:
- we should say so and note that 503 will be used for unrecognised
- are there any headers that must always be supported (e.g. Subject) ?
* I don't get the fifth example. Do I have to select a group before using
HDR with an article-ID ? If so, which group ? Any group, or must it be one
that's mentioned in its Newsgroups line ? This isn't described anywhere in
the main text. If the right group has to be selected, then I suggest we
need an additional response (and example):
413 Article not in this newsgroup
Clive D.W. Feather | Work: <clive at demon.net> | Tel: +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert | Home: <clive at davros.org> | Fax: +44 20 8371 1037
Demon Internet | WWW: http://www.davros.org | DFax: +44 20 8371 4037
Thus plc | | Mobile: +44 7973 377646
More information about the ietf-nntp