ietf-nntp Notes from the NNTPEXT Meeting today at IETF 46

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Mon Nov 8 23:34:10 PST 1999

To clarify my understanding, here is my comments;

In article <38275BFA.2E0A14A3 at verio.net>,
	"Stan O. Barber" <sob at verio.net> wrote;

} Wildmat-- The new draft contains specific language that clarifies the use of the
} exclamation point. It can only have special meaning as the first character of a
} wildmat and in that context negates the meaning of the rest of the wildmat. No
} one at the meeting had any objections to that usage.

Does this mean all of subsequent wildmats patterns is negated?
I.e. "!alt.*,junk" means to negate both alt.* and junk?

} Response Codes -- IHAVE
}
} The current draft contains an example where an article is presented to a server
} and then the server generates a 435 error. The group decided to
} change this to 437.

Why decided so?
--
Katsuhiro Kondou