ietf-nntp Why are RFCs hard formatted?

Stan Barber sob at academ.com
Mon Sep 30 13:45:58 PDT 1996

> Thanks for releasing the first draft of the NNTP spec.  Out of curiosity,
> why are RFCs distributed with hard page formatting, even RFCs that don't
> have tables of contents or internal references to pages?  Is there a place
> where unformatted RFCs can be downloaded?

You need to direct these questions to the RFC editor. I just do what
RFC 1543 says.

As far as I know, this is the only way to get RFC documents or
Internet Drafts (unless you get them from the original author(s)).

Now if you are requesting that I release an "unformatted" version of
this document, I am willing to do that. Please let me know.

Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: sob at academ.com
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.